Crown House, Southgate Enfield
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a customer facing role, making a positive impact?
Consider the role of an Employment Adviser at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Employment Advisers are the front line of Reed in Partnership. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
• Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
• Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
• Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
• Outreach work – promoting Reed in Partnership within the local community
Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
• Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
• Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
• Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
• Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
• previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
• any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
• A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc.
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria